Monday, May 10, 2010

Missing

That I Would Be Good
by Alanis Morissette 

That I would be good, even if I did nothing
That I would be good, even if I got the thumbs down
That I would be good, if I got and stayed sick
That I would be good, even if I gained ten pounds

That I would be fine,  even if I went bankrupt
That I would be good, if I lost my hair and my youth
That I would be great, if I was no longer queen
That I would be grand, if I was not all-knowing

That I would be loved, even when I numb myself
That I would be good,even when I'm overwhelmed
That I would be loved, even when I was fuming
That I would be good, even if I was clinging

That I would be good, even if I lost sanity
That I would be good, whether with or without you.

 

5 comments:

Ricademus said...

I know I sound like a broken record, but through life's twists and turn, ups and downs, you'll always be special--it's what's in you, not what happens to you.

Rml said...

Thanks Rick! Sorry for the depressing post of today! =P

And... Man, you're fast! I posted this, like, 10 minutes ago! Wow!

Ricademus said...

I usually have good timing--I was lucky to be looking when you posted.

Rml said...

Hahahhahaha, talk about good timing, man!...

Eva said...

Wow, it's been forever since I've listened to my Alanis cd! And I love Dumbo. I cry everytime I see it...