Thursday, December 16, 2010

Answering 8 Questions: Episode II

I feel that naming this post "Episode II" is a bad omen. I mean, we're all aware that Star Wars: Episode II was epic. Epicly shitty.
So anyway, I tagged both Bella and Lupe, and I got tagged back. As I said, there are always different questions to be answered, so let's go! (But I shan't be tagging anyone this time.)

First, Bella's:


1. What movies would you recommend watching around Xmas?
An extremely old one: Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July. I must admit: it's not a good movie. It just... really reminds me of Xmas. I'd see it every year between 89 and 94... it tastes like Xmas. If you know what I mean.




2. Suggest me a good book....a comedy!
David Sedaris' Me Talk Pretty One Day - awesome! But I'm stating the obvious, it's David Sedaris.

3. What are your plans for Xmas & New Year?
Family. Which is a big deal, considering I don't see them all year long. And for 1 month, I get to lie down on the sofa with my feet up, and not do a single thing except read and wait for the meals. Boy, that's the life.

4. Resolutions for the coming year.
Travel, learn another language and start my doctorate.

5. What gifts are you giving your loved ones for this Xmas?
A book for my dad, sandals for my grandma, a blouse for my aunt, the last Harry Potter book in Portuguese for my 12-year-old cousin, Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book in English for my 16-year-old cousin, same thing for one of my best friends, one of the Percy Jackson books for another friend, chocolate for another, and... can't say the last one, cause she reads the blog! =P

6. What's your wish list for Santa?
Books, books, books.

7. Which is your fav Christmas carol?
The only one I actually know: "Holly Night". I can even play it on the piano!

8. Post a pic of yours(if you don't mind!), or your Christmas tree, church, sweets...anything but it should be something related to your real life:) 

This one was taken in 2007, right after we'd finished decorating the tree, and goes to show just how much I love Christmas! =P (Kids, don't try this at home: hugging a Christmas tree looks better than it actually feels.)


And this was the very same Christmas, but during the party itself; I was at my then-bofriend's house - and  due to some weird coincidence, both of us AND his brother were wearing red. We couldn't have looked any more Christmas-y! (I think, btw, that this is the first time you guys can actually see my face.)


And now Lupe's questions!

1. Suggest me a good book..(kept this one b/c I am trying to find something new to read)
Check.

2. What is your favorite song right now?
"Tonight, tonight", by The Smashing Pumpkins. Epicly awesome.

3. How and Who do you usually spent Christmas with?
With family - see previous #3!

4. How big or small is your family? (siblings)
Oh, just me and my dad.

5. Apart from English, do you speak another language? (if not, what language would you like to learn?)
I also speak Japanese and a little German. I wanna continue studying German and learn French and Italian - possibly Russian as well.

6.  What is your favorite past-time?
Reading and writing.

7. Is there anything special you hope to get for Christmas?
Peace. That's all I want after such a tiring year.

8. What is your favorite Christmas Cartoon? (For instace, I like Charlie Brown).
Disney's Mickey's Christmas Carol. So cute! And it made me wanna read Dickens!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your suggestions!!! :D
you look really good with that lovely christmas tree..... (super like)*

Caixapostal said...

Love you

Rml said...

@Bella: anytime hon! And thanks! =)

@Caixapostal: love you too, dad!

Ricademus said...

Yep, the "...Christmas in July" is not a good one, but I understand. I like to watch the 1938 version of A Christmas Carol. It's the least faithful version (no Ignorance or Want and no fiancee--I think the Mr. Magoo version was closer), but I watched it with my mom one Xmas Eve.

No matter how many languages you learn, I'll only be able to communicate with you in English. Telepathy doesn't count as a 2nd language because it will all still be in English. Sorry!

I feel funny commenting on your beauty now that I know your dad reads your blog, but hopefully he can forgive me for saying you're a beautiful girl. It's great he's here. =)

Rml said...

@Rick: hahahaha, don't worry about my dad - as long as you're on the other side of the globe, he doesn't mind it (I think). He'd be way more concerned if you lived in Rio de Janeiro (he's horribly jealous of me, LOL)! =P

Eloisa said...

haha...that was a funny tree-hugging picture, and that caption afterwards just clinched it.

Rml said...

@Sonia: hahaha, thanks! =)